A guide to living with dementia is for anyone who has been diagnosed with dementia, as well as their friends, family or other people who care for loved ones who have dementia.
Care professionals may also use this guide as a learning tool for their staff, and to raise awareness of dementia in their working environment.
This guide features information about:
- What dementia is, including symptoms, causes and different types
- Common treatments and medication
- Tips on how to live well and independently with dementia
- Care options for dementia patients
- Care tips for carers looking after people with dementia
- Tips on financial and legal matters
- Where to find further information and support